Pinnacle Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZenDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Anyone dive with a Pinnacle Wetsuit? If so any comments good or bad?

I've talked to several people who dive them and they all liked them. There was one partial exception- a guy who didn't get a good fit on his, but liked the suit itself. I'm thinking of one to replace my "signature" M&B suit, now in retirement.

Dr. Bill

ZenDiver:
Anyone dive with a Pinnacle Wetsuit? If so any comments good or bad?

I have a Pinnacle dive skin and love it. There 3 mil suits are really made nice check them out.

We have the 7 mm Polar with the Merino wool and now their 3 mm suits. We like them both and would advise getting one.

I got a polar off of Paul (Pgdive) here on the forum. Great fit and a great looking suit. I still have yet to get it wet, but am hoping for this weekend to try it out. I was having to stand out in 40F air temp to don, and I was still toasty. I am waiting to see how well it provides thermal protection wet. The suit is extremely flexible, as I can easily move my knee all the way to my chest. I am also a big guy 5'11 250lb, but I am big in the chest. The XXLS is a perfect fit for someone of my body type. I find I have to have someone help me don/doff the suit. I am hoping to report back this weekend as to how warm it keeps me.

Matt

My boyfriend just got the 3 mm and loves it. Warm. He's getting me one for X'mas! :)

So here is a update. I bought the 5mm Fusion with the marino wool liner and it was awesome. I dove in the pool in 63 degree water for more than 1 1/2 hours and never got cold once. I had a 5 mil titanium hood, the marino wool lined 6 mil booties from Pinnacle and a 3 mil gloves. Absolutely the warmest suit I have worn to date over 19 years of diving. When i poured the water out of my booties it was steamy hot water.....the Fusions wool lining was hot to the touch when I took it off.....I am very impressed with this suit and recommend it to anyone looking for a new suit.

Brian

I dove a 7mm Polar with Integrated Hood over the weekend in 48 degree water and was fine. I came out with steaming water as well. When my girlfriend unzipped me she jumped back and said "Wow your hot..". Warmest Suit I have ever dove with as well. The wool is super comfy too.

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom