Pinnacle Praise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterjmaerz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello Wet Ones,

Just a quick note to praise my newish Pinnacle Hyperstretch 5-mil jumpsuit. After years of sending my Henderson Gold Cores back to the shop in Moorestown, NJ for repairs (which they always cheerfully facilitated, charging little more than postage) I was intrigued enough by my reading to buy a Pinnacle... I can't tell you how happy I am with it.

I'm a coldie--wearing a 5 mil in 84-degree water, especially on a liveaboard trip, is par for me. Even so, by the end of a trip, I'd often be cold with the gold core. No longer--the Pinnacle seals like a Ball jar. The skin-in seals on neck and wrists, plus the "chimney" seals on ankles are just about water tight. I was concerned about the wool lining--my skin is not happy with synthetics or wool in clothing. But the thin, ribbed blue wool lining only prickled a tiny bit at first. Now I don't notice it. That lining soaks up water and then heats it with your body warmth. After about 3 minutes, you've got your own portable body heater. Fantastic.

The on/offing is a breeze as well, MUCH easier than sticky gold core. I found I no longer had to soak my arms and legs in warm water before pulling on an already damp suit to avoid yanking and grunting. The hyperstretch does its job, but does not loose its shape. The double blind stitching and glueing, with big old spot "welds" at every conceivable stress point seem to make for an indestructible suit, at least for the 35 dives I did in 9 days. Nary a pull or split anywhere on the suit.

Anyway, I know I'm always anxious to read reviews of equipment I'm considering. Hope this helps if you're thinking about the considerable investment of a Pinnacle.

Best,

The only Pinnacle article I have, is their Merino Evolution 2 undergarment (650gm wt.) for my drysuit. To date it is the only undergarment I've worn in 40 degree water on an hour long dive & not gotten cold. I was VERY impressed with the warmth. It's a little tight in the drysuit around the shoulders, but very warm & generally comfy. The only small minus is the extra weight I must carry to offset the buoyancy caused by the loft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom