Pinnacle Merino-lined Elastoprene 5mil

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike's got a great post. My approach is slightly different. For 'regular' Monterey diving (temps in the range of 50-58), my base layer is the Pinnacle ME 7mm fullsuit. Over that I then wear a Bare 7mm Arctic Vest. I am a huge fan of this approach, as I can easily unzip the Bare vest a little bit immediately after a dive, even with all my gear on. When temps get below about 50, I will wear either a 3mm Pinnacle vest (it's a basic vest, no sleeves) or even just a 1mm rash guard, under the Pinnacle ME 7mm.

Either way, you Pinnacle ME suits in any thickness are fantastic. I own both the 7mm for my California diving, as well as the 3mm for warm locations.

Oh, and just needed to 'ditto' what Mike said about Semi-drys. They are definitely not for everyone. I used to have an Xcel SCS Polar Tri-Density, which is supposed to be a great suit. I hated it. Was super uncomfortable for me. Couldn't get the attached hood on or off without help. Actually dreaded wearing it. After about 6 months finally got rid of it and switched to the Pinnacle. Thank goodness is all I can say :)

Pinnacle wet suits are great. I own the pinnacle arctic 7/5mm merino lined wet suit and it is extremely warm, even to a depth of 75 feet where the water was 42F.

Pinnacle wet suits are great. I own the pinnacle arctic 7/5mm merino lined wet suit and it is extremely warm, even to a depth of 75 feet where the water was 42F.
Wow,

For a wetsuit those are some impressive numbers.... I'm impressed....

Our Pinnacle rep left a 7 mil for me to test (thanks, Matt!). It was the most comfortable, warm wetsuit I've ever put on. The inside was toasty when I peeled it off. It was super easy to get on and I'll be trading my Henderson Gold Core in for a Pinnacle as soon as my shop starts carrying them. I can't praise these wetsuits enough.

How would you compare the Pinnacle to the Gold Core? On and off, stretchy, movement, etc.

I use a gold code 3mm and am thinking about the Pinnacle 5mil merino.

If your looking for stretch, you will want Pinnacles Elastiprene...it holds up better than the Hendersons too as far as stretch and warmth due to the size of the bubbles in the Neoprene.....

I cant comment on the Gold Core as I havent dove one, but I have had a few customer switch from them to the Pinnacles and really praise the Pinnacles....Im sure someone with a direct comparision will jump in soon though....

I just checked and after our DEMA specials, I have 2 suits that the owners re-nigged on....
Elastiprene 3mil- Large
Seal Merino 3mil- Medium/Large/Tall....

If they fit someone....PM me :wink:

I think I'm a medium Large Tall, however still haven't heard from Damien to comfirm that. The BC fits so good, thanks for the good deal and prompt shipment. Your prices/packages are amazing.

I haven't had a chance to dive yet, I want to wait till I get this wetsuit thing figured out so I can start getting use to everything at once. Most likely be a pool dive till end of December when I hope to make it to Florida.

I normally dive the Seal, Pinnacle's 3mm Merino lined down to about 62F, so long as I am wearing gloves and boots. I have always felt comfortable even at the end of a long second dive. Now I say comfortable, not toasty. But I prefer to be a little cool than a little warm so its been fantastic suit for me. So good I am getting myself Pinnacle's EVO2 drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom