Pinnacle Fusion 5mm...Good choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking to replace my POS 5mm wetsuit and was looking at the Pinnacle Fusion 5mm. I tried on a 3mm XLS and the fit was perfect! 3mm is a little thin for me but I think the 5/4mm Fusion would be better for me in the springs and in the Gulf & Atlantic during the early Spring months.

Anyway I was quoted a price of $230.00 for the Pinnacle Fusion. I believe this is probably a MSRP price but I degress.

Does anyone have a Fusion 5/4 and if so do you recomend me getting one?

Any suggestions or comments please.

Jeremy

Jeremy, the fusion is a warm 5/4 suit because of the merino lining. I have dove this suit in 65 degrees and was very comfortable.

Bananaman:
Jeremy, the fusion is a warm 5/4 suit because of the merino lining. I have dove this suit in 65 degrees and was very comfortable.

Merino Lining in the Fusion? That would be warm. I emailed Pinnacle and asked a few questions and they replied that the new Fusion was and EXACT copy of the Breaker Model except instead of 3mm throughout it now is 5mm throughout and some different color choices!

I'm wandering if this is somthing new for 2006. Pinnacle said that an updated website should be online in a couple of weeks that reflect the changes for 2006. I know the Breaker does NOT have the merino lining and on the current Pinnacle website it states the Fusion is a 5/4mm but the reply from Pinnacle was that the suit is a 5mm throughout now.

Also the Breaker I tried on (to give me an idea about the size I needed) was made out of the elastoprene I believe.

Jeremy

Back
Top Bottom