Pinnacle Evolution 2 Pro's & Con's ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been looking at dry suits for a while, just thought I would ask other divers to comment. I am very pleased with my pinnacle wet suit, it has performed well. With falling water temps, diving dry will keep me in the water thats what its about! Please feel free to respond pos. or neg. I will appreciate it either way. Keep diving, keep training, keep learning!

well I have one on "extended loan" from my LDS for the winter, until I order my own in the spring (I know I'm spoiled). Anyway, I really like it, it's my first drysuit, and it is easy to get in and out of alone, I find the front zipper to be very easy to use, and it is very tough. Tougher than most of the other suits I've looked at. All in all I'm pretty pleased with it, and can't wait to get my own in the right size!! lol

I don't have much to compare it to, but I found it to be a durable dry suit that was very comfortable on my 1/2 dozen dives on my rental. And the front zip did work well.

The biggest negative other than price is that the hood was too constricting. But if I was own and not a rental, I probably could have fixed that. And The boots were too big could be solved as well.

The biggest negative other than price is that the hood was too constricting. But if I was own and not a rental, I probably could have fixed that. And The boots were too big could be solved as well.

Both easy fixes, according to the Pinnacle website, you can get any size boots with any size suit. Same with hoods I think.

After looking at trilam suits from DUI, Bare, and Pinnacle, I chose to go with the Pinnacle Evo 2. Seemed to be the best overall combination for me. Ordered it Saturday, just waiting for the call from Scubatoys!!! I do hope the "standard" hood will be the right size.

The negatives so far I can think of:
- if you're a bit wider in the waist or have a bigger behind, you'll have some trouble squeezing yourself in, not a problem in my case but I can see it can be for some people
- the velcro on the neoprene neck cover will eventually eat the nylon outside of the hood, that will have a 'cosmetic' impact
- it does not pack too small or light, if you're into that

You can find photos of various details in my gallery, the one below my avatar image, not the one in my signature line. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask.

Otherwise, a great suit indeed.

Question for Xander - do the attached boots fit inside normal fin pockets, or did you have to go to larger or different fins????

Question for Xander - do the attached boots fit inside normal fin pockets, or did you have to go to larger or different fins????

No, they did not fit my existing fins, I got a Jet Fin clone. For a boot size 10 the fin size is L/XL.

My buddy however managed to use his old fins, but found them too light and lacking power, too flexible to move around with a drysuit (too much drag I guess), so he also ordered himself a pair of Jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom