Pinnacle Evo 2 Vs. Hollis front entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have similar experiences with the Evo 2. I used it on 50 + dives before I got rid of it. It will take you to Iraq and back but at the cost of mobility and in my case fit. The fit was terrible. I am tall and relativly thin so I needed a XL for my height but then I got alot of material in the thorso area. If you find that the evo FITS you and you need a bombproof suit and next to none mobility the evo 2 might just do. I do alot of shore and wreck diving and I cant really see the use for such a thick and durable material.

Why do you think so many divers swear to the DUI TSL that got a much thinner and flexible material even when used in caves and wrecks?

I now use a fusion. Not looking back.

I have used both the Evo2 and the Hollis.

The Hollis is very comfortable and flexible.

The Pinnacle is indestructible.

I cave dive a lot, and so does my daughter. I have Evo2's for both of us. It is hands down the best drysuit I've ever owned for technical diving.

Brand new, they are stiff, due mainly to the materials. It doesn't take long to break one in.

I would have to say too that I can very easily see why an ill fitting or poorly sized Evo2 would be a nightmare to dive, simply because of its tough construction.

You cant go wrong with either. They are both bullet proof. The Hollis does have stretch to it so you can get a better fitting suit because the suit will actually give a little.

Did you see our videos on them?
Dry Suits - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I have dove both, they do feel a bit different on the land as the Hollis seems to fit a little better, but both are GREAT suits!
PM me if you want more stats or differences between them.

Mike

I have the Evo 2 and love it. It is a bit stiff, buy fits me perfectly. I dont find it to be any worse mobility wise than my 7mm Henderson Instadry suit, if anything it may be a bit more flexible. I did look at the DUI suits, and could have gotten one for the $1000 I paid for my Evo2, but I got the Evo 2 new, and the DUI was going to be an out of circulation rental. I also felt that the Evo was a much more durable suit. I was all set and done with Fourth Element Arctic undergarments, rock boots, ankle weights, and the drysuit class for just about $1600. I am a very loyal customer to my LDS, so they do take care of me. The drysuit was originally $1500, and that is what they gave me the break on, I did however pay full price for the rest of my setup. But it was well worth it because they let me have a house account, and I just paid it off today. So no interest financing just topped the deal for me.

I really like my EVO 2. I need to break it out and do some winter dives soon at Lake Lanier, north of Atlanta
It can be stiff, but I've learned to manage it pretty good. No way would I be diving a 7mm wet suit this time of year. I know my EVO 2 will probably outlast me, it's that rugged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom