Pinnacle Evo 2 Vs. Hollis front entry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxPower

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Anyone here have experience with both? I want a Drysuit and these are what I've narrowed my seach to. And before someone asks; "why do you think you need one" I live in Canada and need one for Tech training. Thanks in advance.

Yowza!! That's a nice looking suit, but $1500++?? OUCH!!!! Got my Bare XCD2 Tech from Vancouver (new) for $830 or so. Could almost buy two of them for the price of one of those Evo 2s.

Good luck with the suit! Try to dive one before buying if you get the chance. Someone else on here recently seemed prety unhappy with this Pinnacle.

I really like my Pinnacle suit and it was $1200-1300 at Scubatoys. I have a friend that dives the Bare XCD2 Tech and really likes it. Good price, too if you can still get it at that. Don't have experience or know anyone with any Hollis gear. One suit you might consider is the Whites Fusion. You should be able to get a good price since they are produced in Canada, thus no import taxes or anything like that.

I had a Pinnacle Evo II on "extended test" for a couple months, and ended up buying a White's Fusion instead. The Pinnacle is nice quality wise, but it just lacked the mobility of the Fusion, and it always felt like a big baggy tent compared to the Fusion. If you are ever going out to Gulliver's lake for a dive, let me know, I'll join you and you can check out my Fusion.

Jim

the EVO II is about as flexible as ... err ... an inflexible thing [insert something funny here].
i got rid of mine and now, when i look back, i actually hated it. the only good thing on it were the sitech vavles. even the pockets sucked.

to be honest, unless you're joe average, spend some extra money (depending on where you go) and get yourself a made to measure suit. you'll be much happier in the long run, trust me

I love my Evo2. It was very stiff at first, but after a series of dives it softened up and was just fine. I love the materials and durability of it. The SI tech valves have been flawless to date. I would appreciate the Zipper being about an inch longer to make it easier to get off my shoulders, but overall its a great suit.
with Pinnacle's extensive size charts its likely that you can find one that fits you in the stock sizes, but I would recommend calling them as they have a much more extensive chart.

I also have the Evo 2, and since it's my first DS, doesn't quite compare to anything, so I didn't find it too stiff initially. :D

But, I'd get one again if I were to choose from scratch, very high quality and sturdy, it has seen some bumps and abuse on rocks and various sharp things, nothing so far, not a single tear or hole!

I have not dove one personally but a friend of mine has a Hollis and loves it flexible and tough I can't wait to try one.

I have no experience with the Hollis but the Pinnacle Evo 2 is very durable and it will soften up. If you plan on diving where there are a lot of zebra mussels then you'll want something that can hold up.

MaxPower, why not drop in to TriCity Scuba and take a look at the Evo2 and the Hollis. They sell both as well as Whites - although I don't believe that they have a Fusion in the store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom