Pinnacle Evo 2 Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkatchalov

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How would you store an Evo 2 trilam suit?

Would you hang it up or roll it up or fold it?

The only place I can safely hang the suit is in the garage downstairs, which is not ideal given the fumes.

Will carefully folding or rolling the suit up be damaging to the zipper or the trilam? Note that I am aware that you have to keep the zipper flat when it is folded/rolled up.

What can you reccomend?

Thanks.

I have not received my Evo 2 yet, and am wondering the same thing. I tried to go online but there is no owner's manual available. Do you have the owner's manual??? What did it suggest?? I would think that hanging it inside, even if "draped" over two hangars, would be better than folding.

Nope, no manual came with mine. I don't know why folding or rolling is so bad though? I mean as long as you do it loosely and not stress the material or zipper too much it should be ok?

I think the best bet would be to hang it on a hangar out of direct sunlight. As long as you don't stress the zipper I think it would be ok. That's a heavy suit, so you'll def need a good drysuit hanger.

For me, folding or rolling the suit & storing in the provided bag remains the best option.

Are there any major reasons why I shouldn't fold/roll & store in bag (when it is dry), provided I keep the zipper and valves on the top and not put undue stress on the zipper?

Thanks.

For long term storage, it is best to store drysuits rolled up and stored in an air proof bag. I have a Bare front-entry trilam suit. I play mine down on its front with the back facing up. I begin at the feet and roll up each leg. Then roll up the torso and then fold the arms over the top. Rolling it up this way prevents undue zipper strain because the zipper is on the outside of the roll. This is both what my manual recommends as well as the Barsky and Long book Dry Suit Diving. I then put it in a large garbage bag to seal out the air and then put this into a Bare dry suit bag.

For long term storage, it is best to store drysuits rolled up and stored in an air proof bag. I have a Bare front-entry trilam suit. I play mine down on its front with the back facing up. I begin at the feet and roll up each leg. Then roll up the torso and then fold the arms over the top. Rolling it up this way prevents undue zipper strain because the zipper is on the outside of the roll. This is both what my manual recommends as well as the Barsky and Long book Dry Suit Diving. I then put it in a large garbage bag to seal out the air and then put this into a Bare dry suit bag.

Ok, so rolling it up doesnt sound so bad for the suit.

Hanging for long-term storage makes sense too. But my surface interval between series of dives is generally no greater than 2 weeks, so that doesn't really constitute "long term".

On a similar topic, why does everyone have the DS hose under their left arm?! What is wrong with routing it over the left shoulder?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom