Pinnacle Cruiser 7mm vs. NeoSport X-Span 7mm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

007wilk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for a budget 7mm wetsuit. Please comment if you own one of the above. I do not have access to try any one of them and wanted to buy it from Leasurepro. Unfortunately, if the fit is not right, returns from Canada are somewhat costly...

I have a general fit problem with my disproportionally thick ankles and big ass. I am a guy 250 lbs and 6'-1". The Cruiser is on sale right now and if it is stretchy enough I would probably go for it as it seems to have an excellent reputation. If the belly area is not stretchy, I will play it safe and go for the X-span.

I have a 5mm Cruiser. It's a well-made suit, but it's not very stretchy. Pinnacle wetsuits also tend to run small, so keep that in mind if you go that route. No experience with X-Span, but based on the description of the neoprene, I'm guessing it's a good bit more stretchy than the Cruiser.

James

Thx James. I have seen the small size warning a few times for this manufactirer. Either way.. I have decided to go a level up wanted to buy the Pinnace Tempo Merino but my size was out of stock. I ended up ordering Henderson Thermoprene. It is supposed to be a safe bet...

I have the X-span. It's nice and stretchy, problem is it 3 years old now and only 15 dives or so and the neoprene below the zipper on the lower back has tears as does each armpit - the neoprene itself - not the nylon lining on each side of the neoprene. My wife has the same suit (women's version obviously) and she has the same tearing in the lower back - no armpit holes though. It;s definitely not a fit issue. Personally, I'll be looking at other brands when i replace it (the aqualung aquaflex looks really nice - though costly).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom