Pinnacle boots delaminating.......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mitchell Teeters

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got some pinnacle boots that are already starting to delaminate from the body of the boot (first dive was in January IIRC) I know that the white's boots and the pinnacle boots are basically the same so it is not "pinnacles" fault. It is apparent that the glue used is just breaking down. I have only used these boots in freshwater diving.

Is anyone else having issues? I figure I'll just aquaseal them to fix them as I believe the same thing would just happen with another pair on a warranty exchange. I'm trying to be realistic, approaching pinnacle or DRIS would be a waste of everyone's time and help drive up their costs. I wonder if I should just go buy some of the Chuck Taylors. I don't know how long they will last and that might be a wasted purchase as well.

Thoughts from the hive mind please.

M

Same problem w/my Pinnacle boots...But only a few manufactures make size 14 boots so I deal w/it....I use liberal amounts of Aquaseal to repair them...... Then duct tape around the repair w/shoe trees on the inside of the boot to get good adhesion......Let them cure for at least a week [in a dark dry closet]....Repair usually lasts for about 100 dives in fresh and 50-60 in salt, then do it again......It's a common complaint w/Pinnacle boots....You'd think they'd come up w/a better glue by now.....hint, hint :O !!!!!!

I had the same problem. Wonderful comfortable boot, that is fairly low profile so it fits well in my fins. However, the glue doesn't last. I bought the first pair and within 5 months the glue failed. Thought maybe I just got a bad set of boots so I tried a second pair- same outcome. Let me know if you find a low profile (sole, not height) that works for you. I haven't found one I'm happy with yet.

I saw some scuba pro boots last w/e. They looked nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am having the same problem, thanks for the fix.

I saw some scuba pro boots last w/e. They looked nice.

I'm diving the 5mm soft sole Scubapros now. Their hard soles are too big for my fins. I really would like to find a good hard sole boot that has a low profile sole.

I would probably use the CT if I knew how long they would last.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom