Something like a Storm, but for boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kaneda13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I LOVE my aqualung Storm fins (first gen), like to the point where I don't like the idea of diving without them. I'm looking at doing some mine diving, and eventually dry suit diving, so diving with just socks isn't going to cut it. Does anyone know of a fin similar to the Storm, that works with boots/drysuit boots? I like the light weight of these fins, but I feel I have PLENTY of power with each kick. I've fin swapped several resort dive guides, and they love them too. I have a pair of TUSA fins the work with boots, but they feel a love heavier in the water, and "just not the same".

Storm Max for boots.. it may be too late but go ahead and satisfy that latent “Imelda Marcos” in you… :wink:

Yeah, I knew they existed, and I tried a pair at my LDS, but even the XL (the size I wear in the normal storm) isn't big enough for me to wear a 5mm or thicker boot in. The smaller sizes may be ok, or you can size up, but for wearing a 5mm boot for wetsuit, or a drysuit boot, they just aren't big enough for me. Just for reference, I wear a size 13.5 in normal shoes.

Back
Top Bottom