Pictures in threads no longer load for me :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cameronfield

Registered
Reaction score
This just started happening a week or so ago. For a while *some* pictures wouldn't load (in for sale threads, etc). Now NO pictures in threads will load for me, just came up as dead links. Any suggestions?

I switched to Google chrome about a year or so ago because I was having problems like yours. When I did a little research, IE can't keep up with scripts that are running, and even mozilla foxfire has similar issues. I have had a wonderful experience with chrome. About 6 weeks ago I had a small, response, issue. I hit the tool bar and found chrome had updates. Fixed again. Both loaded in a short time and I imported my favorites to chrome. That's my .02 cents. maybe it will help. Mark

This just started happening a week or so ago. For a while *some* pictures wouldn't load (in for sale threads, etc). Now NO pictures in threads will load for me, just came up as dead links. Any suggestions?

What are you using?

Operating System:
Browser and Version:

Do images work in other websites, have you cleared your cache and cookies? http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/re...?&q=how+do+i+clear+specific+cookies+and+cache

Have you tried another web browser to see if the issue carries through to another browser?

While I will do my best to support your issue, I'll have to say up front, that this is not a ScubaBoard problem.. The site is working properly, and images are displaying as expected for most every other user, so the issue must be something on your end. As I said however, I'll do my best to help you.

There are times when I see a red X. Often I can right click on the X, select properties, copy the URL and then open it in a new window. Kind of a PITA work around, but I can see the image. Other times, the same images will show when I revisit the page.

I agree with Howard that it is not a SB issue.

There are times when I see a red X. Often I can right click on the X, select properties, copy the URL and then open it in a new window. Kind of a PITA work around, but I can see the image. Other times, the same images will show when I revisit the page.

I agree with Howard that it is not a SB issue.

I used to do that. but I've found that since SB upgraded to a new version of VBulletion, it doesn't work.

Also you can't see the pic URL if you click reply like you used to be able to.

or is there a work around for this?

I used to do that. but I've found that since SB upgraded to a new version of VBulletion, it doesn't work.

Also you can't see the pic URL if you click reply like you used to be able to.

or is there a work around for this?

Mike - the method I posted worked this morning for me. IE9, Win7

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom