Pictures from GH-2 prototype housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Edward Lai

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We tested the GH-2 in a prototype housing last week, and would like to share some pictures here: NA-GH2 test w/ 14-42 & 45 Macro @ Cabilao April-2011 - Nauticam Photo Gallery's Photos.

These were shot with the 14-42mm and 45mm Marco lenses. Were not really great shots as the trip was solely for equipment testing, and hadn't paid much attention to the compositions. There will be another gallery uploaded soon showing pictures from the 8mm Fisheye and 14mm Pancake lenses.

Have to say picture quality is great from this small camera. Thank you for visiting.

Thanks.
I have been looking forward to seeing the Nauticam housing for the GH2.
Not much info on the web yet.
What did you think of the housing. How big,heavy is to compared to a normal DSLR housing.
I have a dive trip in June. I am hoping to get a housing before then.
Hopefully Nauticam will release some details ASAP

We tested the GH-2 in a prototype housing last week, and would like to share some pictures here: NA-GH2 test w/ 14-42 & 45 Macro @ Cabilao April-2011 - Nauticam Photo Gallery's Photos.

These were shot with the 14-42mm and 45mm Marco lenses. Were not really great shots as the trip was solely for equipment testing, and hadn't paid much attention to the compositions. There will be another gallery uploaded soon showing pictures from the 8mm Fisheye and 14mm Pancake lenses.

Have to say picture quality is great from this small camera. Thank you for visiting.

Have to ask, did you have a chance to shoot any video?

Ed, were the macro shots crooped at all prior to posting? Appears to put out some great detail!
Fingers crossed that maco ports for this system will have a 67mm thread ...in order to use wet mate macro adaptors.

Thanks.
I have been looking forward to seeing the Nauticam housing for the GH2.
Not much info on the web yet.
What did you think of the housing. How big,heavy is to compared to a normal DSLR housing.
I have a dive trip in June. I am hoping to get a housing before then.
Hopefully Nauticam will release some details ASAP

Hi Kevster,

We are updating the design base on the findings from the prototype test. We look forward to finalize design by end of April, during which time we shall announce the housing. Shipment should be before end of May. Hopefully you will be able to get it for your trip.

Edward

Have to ask, did you have a chance to shoot any video?

Hi surf4life,

Due to the time constrain we only managed 2 dives with the 14-42 zoom, 2 dives with the 45 macro, 1 dive with the 8mm fisheye and 1 dive with the 14mm pancake lens. During these dives we were busy testing controls and tried only still shots. Situation was also not quite ideal as those few days were all cloudy and visibility was quite poor.

Base on that the photo quality turned out quite amazing, and good reviews from dpreview and Luminous Landscape, I believe the video quality should be superior.

Edward

Ed, were the macro shots crooped at all prior to posting? Appears to put out some great detail!
Fingers crossed that maco ports for this system will have a 67mm thread ...in order to use wet mate macro adaptors.

Hi cgills,

I am sure the photos can be much better with the camera in good hands. We are not really good photographers, only trying to test the functionality of our prototype!

As far as I can remember, some of these photos had been slightly cropped for better composition, and mederately adjusted with levels for better contrast (the camera was left at factory standard settings).

Our port for the 45mm marco lens does have the 67mm thread.

Edward

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom