Pictures - CoCoView - Roatan, Honduras May 9th - May 16th 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

82 degrees is what my computer showed. My brother and I (and one other guy on our boat) did the entire week without our wetsuits. We are large guys and are used to the cold waters here in Monterey. On our boat there were four people (3 women and one guy) that used shorties.

So a lot will depend on what you are used to and how easily you get cold.

82 degrees is what my computer showed. My brother and I (and one other guy on our boat) did the entire week without our wetsuits.

Thanks for the info!

Thanks for posting your photos. It looks like everyone is in full wet suits or shorties with hoods. What was the water temperature? I'm headed to Roatan in about 3 weeks (mid-June) and now I'm worried that my 3mm shortie will not be warm enough.
82ish sounds about right as Mikemill says.

One of the guys i dive with is allergic to cold, so he uses a 5+4+3 mm mares full suit. We use the booties because its just easiere to bring what you have. I have 5 mm soft boots that i used when diving, and bare feet when not. I used a 5 mm shorty with a builtin hood, i did that because i only have that one shorty, and the hood prevents too much water flushing in my ears, which at times can go FUBAR easily. The other guys are just too cozy and prefer warmth i guess. Im pretty sure i could have dived with a pair of long shorts and a rashguard without getting cold.

I just checked my dive logs ( that aren online for honduras yet ) and the temperature was 27 celsius at its lowest though around 29-30 celsius the last 3 days.

Personally, i would think a 3mm shorty would do fine.

82 degrees is what my computer showed. My brother and I (and one other guy on our boat) did the entire week without our wetsuits. We are large guys and are used to the cold waters here in Monterey. On our boat there were four people (3 women and one guy) that used shorties.

So a lot will depend on what you are used to and how easily you get cold.

Yep, im a cold diver as well ( 0 celsius - 19 celsius ( when its VERY "hot" here) is the temperatures in denmark, and i just dive a 7mm wetsuit when its 10+ and below 10 i use a apena 6,5 mm open cell suit i have with neopren outside that keeps me warm for ~45 minutes. ) I dont have sufficient "biopren" to keep warm longer :rofl3:

Great pics, Thomas. Thanks for sharing.

I finally became friendly with youtube (#¤%¤# site always times out when i upload videos )

Anyways, i got the second of the two Eagle Ray videos i shot uploaded .. Its only a mere 30 seconds .. but now it will last forever ( Thank you Canon G10 =) )

YouTube - 2009 - Roatan, Honduras - Eagle Ray in CCV Frontyard

I will post more videos in this thread, as i get them uploaded :)

Personally, i would think a 3mm shorty would do fine.

Thanks for the additional info. And that's a cool eagle ray video. I've never seen one so shallow. Seems like they usually prefer much deeper water.

Great pictures,, thanks.
We are leaving in less than 3 weeks and can't wait.
Lynn

Thnx for the pix

Back
Top Bottom