Pics with Aquashot I & II (CHEAP setup)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cabo

Reaction score
I've seen some posts asking how to get started cheap. The Ikelite Aquashot series was how I got started. (< $200 total with strobe & macro kit, then use disposable cameras)

I just recently went digital but won't get to try it out for a few more weeks. I can't complain about the Aquashot for the money, but hope that my "keeper" ratio will improve going digital since I can preview & notice any problems right away.

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=223653

Hello,

Do you recall where the seahorse photo was taken at? I've been planning a week long trip with the main theme of seahorses.

Ed

Roatan, Honduras..

Stayed at Fantasy Island and saw seahorses on most of the dives.

I'd go back!

For a starter camera, it can't be beat for the price. You've got some great photos in there.

In photo #39, Some Coral Thing.... it looks like some bug eyed little monster! It's actually 2 Christmas Tree Worms at the tip of a Sea Rod or maybe Pillar Coral, can't see the enlargement well enough to tell which.

Those are some pretty good pics for that price. I guess some of it has to be the photographer.

One of my favorite Aquashot pics...

Hey Dude ! Nice shots, I also have an Aqua-Shot and have taken photos of the same quality. I am not entering any contests or trying to compete with Stephen Frink, but for me and my lady it serves it's purpose. I have been using the Aqua-Shot now for over 8 years and I have quite a few good albums full of pics from all over the carribbean.
I was at Wal-Mart and found that the Fun-Savers that are being made by Kodak now with the plastic housing still fit the Aqua-Shot, good thing too since Ikelite doesn't make the disposables anymore. I didn't want to trade my 3E in for a new housing. When I go to Bonaire and Curacao in August I will post my pics. See ya and Good Divin'. Scubaboy:mean:

George

Thanks for the tip on the Fun-Savers. I was going to trash the old setup, but now I'll donate it to my buddy since he could just pick up the disposables.

I'll never say a bad thing about the Aquashot..

I'm just going digital because of operator errors, not equipment.

Ya, I almost gave up on the Aqua Shot too, but I guess I will let it stick around for a while. Since I can't afford amther set up right now. See ya Gotta go to work. Good Viz, Scubaboy.

Here's a cheap set up, the Sea & Sea MX5II. I bought this setup with the closeup lenses, but decided to go digital so I didn't buy any more accessories. I've taken pretty decent pics with it. See below.

waterminnows4.jpg

watertug1.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom