Pics from today Sunrise / Dalco Wall

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
Grunt sculpins, a nudie and a pair of wolf eels...

I'm so happy I've got decent pics of a grunt sculpin and wolf eels now...

Lamont,
Those are great pics...glad they turned out for you.
It was fun diving today and seeing all of you again and meeting some new people.
Just a great day of Winter PNW diving.
Thanks,
Kirsten

Nice pics Lamont.

Despite poor weather and vis, it was great being out on the boat for a pair today. Dalco Wall was especially nice.

I didn't take a whole lot of pics today, but here's the ones that turned out the best ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

nice pictures. Okay, this may sound stupid, but how mean are the wolf eels? Doesn't look like their teeth are too sharp. Zebra eels crush their food with their jaws, but most eels have sharp teeth.

Meliss

Lovely pictures from both of you.

I had so much fun today . . . fun meeting the people I only know from cyberspace and being able to put faces and voices to the internet identities. But my big thing from today was sailing out over Dalco Wall for my first experience of having the bottom plummet out from underneath me. It was like sailing into outer space -- into utter blackness. Peter had his arms out, because he was "flying".

Another great PNW cyberdive . . . Thanks for organizing this, Bob.

ch0ppersrule:
nice pictures. Okay, this may sound stupid, but how mean are the wolf eels? Doesn't look like their teeth are too sharp. Zebra eels crush their food with their jaws, but most eels have sharp teeth.

Meliss
Wolf Eels are really fish.. just long and eel like in shape. They are like puppies. Very shy and nice. They do crush their food with their jaws and I would hate to be bitten by one.

Most PNW divers love seeing them on dives. I know I do.:D

TSandM:
Lovely pictures from both of you.

I had so much fun today . . . fun meeting the people I only know from cyberspace and being able to put faces and voices to the internet identities. But my big thing from today was sailing out over Dalco Wall for my first experience of having the bottom plummet out from underneath me. It was like sailing into outer space -- into utter blackness. Peter had his arms out, because he was "flying".

Another great PNW cyberdive . . . Thanks for organizing this, Bob.

Its funny, I can't stand heights (the arches of my feet cramp up everytime a film has someone on the ledge of a building), but I love sheer wall dives...

It was a great day to dive, although the vis above 20 fsw left a lot to be desired. :wink: Bones and Lamont were kind enough to let me dive with them, since I was the 5th wheel this trip. My favorite part of a wall dive is being where you can't see the bottom, and rolling over on your back to look up and seeing the top of the wall way up there above you. That first rush of going over the edge of the abyss is pretty cool too, as TSandM mentioned.

Lamont, those wolfeel shots turned out pretty good!

Jimmie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom