Pics from the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank:
We should take up a collection to keep you supplied in camera batteries.

thanks for the kind word warmwater. I use rechargeables so the collection would be better used for cold san miguel beers...:coffee: :eyebrow:

Absolutely killer composition here, love the DOF.....

Just a very engaging shot, the tightly coiled/concentric circles of the coral really draw your eyes into it.....
Nice lighting also, very soft.......... you had the diffusers on?

IMG_0971.jpg

I have drank gallons upon gallons of that stuff.. such a wonderful beer.. and you are never sure what the alcohol content will be .. at least when I was there in the early 80's As far as the pics... god the are awesome.. I can't wait to get done with my cert so I can see stuff like that in real life...

Jamdiver:
Absolutely killer composition here, love the DOF.....

Just a very engaging shot, the tightly coiled/concentric circles of the coral really draw your eyes into it.....
Nice lighting also, very soft.......... you had the diffusers on?

Aaah a DOF comment from Jam, music to my ears... now I can die knowing I've lived a content life...:mooner:

Yes, I always use diffusers except for wide angle. although, in hindsight I wish I had put them on for the barracudas and jacks so there are less strobe hotspots from my inons.

pakman:
More from PG...

IMG_1248.jpg

What is this, looks like it has a bill from where I am sitting.
I will buy a book for the coast around Malaysia when I am out there, there seems to be some very strange looking fish in that part of the world.

The next thing is to learn how to spot them. I was surprised how easy it is to swim right past some great finds until you get your eye in. The same was true for elephants in tall grass, you can be 20ft from them but still not spot them in he bush, very embarassing when someone points them out.

Great pics though, hope I get to see half of what you manage photograph, never mind actually catching it on "film", or should that be xd card.

pakman:
Aaah a DOF comment from Jam, music to my ears... now I can die knowing I've lived a content life...:mooner:

:mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner::mooner:

pakman:
Yes, I always use diffusers except for wide angle. although, in hindsight I wish I had put them on for the barracudas and jacks so there are less strobe hotspots from my inons.

:D

Kinda thought so on the batteries Mike. Figured this crowd might only kick in enough to cover the electricity cost to recharge them. (Don't count on it covering a whole beer.) Great to have all of you Paradise folks sharing your images. Thanks.

victor:
What is this, looks like it has a bill from where I am sitting.
I will buy a book for the coast around Malaysia when I am out there, there seems to be some very strange looking fish in that part of the world.

The next thing is to learn how to spot them. I was surprised how easy it is to swim right past some great finds until you get your eye in. The same was true for elephants in tall grass, you can be 20ft from them but still not spot them in he bush, very embarassing when someone points them out.

Great pics though, hope I get to see half of what you manage photograph, never mind actually catching it on "film", or should that be xd card.

That's what I believe they call a pegasus or sea moth. Scientific term: Eurypegasus draconis (like I would have known that if it wasn't for google...:wink: ). Actually I found those REAL frustrating to shoot. 1) they blend in so well with the floor and 2) no matter how much you try to get in front of them for a shot, they would turn away.

And yes Victor, a lot of these things I would have just swam by without knowing they were there if it weren't for the DM's. The DM's I had did an excellent job of spotting and being patient with me snapping away. Although my favorite incident was on Malapascua. The DM was waiting for me and pointing towards a green coral. I came right up to it, sat there stairing at it for almost a minute looking for some really small critter and then gave him this "what am I looking at" look. Then he pointed to this large green frogfish that was perfectly camouflaged with the coral that was sitting right in my face. LOL! Anyways, hope my pics get more people interested/ aware of the great diving to be had in the Philippines. And again, kudos to the Philippine contingent on SB who are a riot to dive AND party with and who were also extremely helpful in providing trip advise.

pakman:
That's what I believe they call a pegasus or sea moth. Scientific term: Eurypegasus draconis (like I would have known that if it wasn't for google...:wink: ). Actually I found those REAL frustrating to shoot. 1) they blend in so well with the floor and 2) no matter how much you try to get in front of them for a shot, they would turn away.

And yes Victor, a lot of these things I would have just swam by without knowing they were there if it weren't for the DM's. The DM's I had did an excellent job of spotting and being patient with me snapping away. Although my favorite incident was on Malapascua. The DM was waiting for me and pointing towards a green coral. I came right up to it, sat there stairing at it for almost a minute looking for some really small critter and then gave him this "what am I looking at" look. Then he pointed to this large green frogfish that was perfectly camouflaged with the coral that was sitting right in my face. LOL! Anyways, hope my pics get more people interested/ aware of the great diving to be had in the Philippines. And again, kudos to the Philippine contingent on SB who are a riot to dive AND party with and who were also extremely helpful in providing trip advise.
well you forgot to leave a tip...next time, leave your camera rig behind:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom