Pics from Lady Elliot Island/GBR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantastic shots, looks a really good destination. Are you still heading for the Solomon's this year or was it Lady Elliot instead?

Alison

well, for now, we're planning on revisiting LEI next november but tomorrow i we start thinking about a dive trip in Feb 09

cheers

:11: considering you have slept at our house - we gotta talk ;
:rofl3::rofl3:That's why I edited it after I posted!! I realized how it sounded.:rofl3::rofl3:

Love the new shots. Can't wait for the TR

Awesome photos mate!

Wonderful!

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Wow! Fantastic pictures.

Great shots. LEI was my first dive trip after certification. Sort of starting at the top. I kept wondering where were the turtles at subsequent lesser diving destinations.

I guess, for you, LEI is sort of like Bonaire or Cozumel is for we yanks.

You might recognize the sign in my photo. It's posted near the Coral Gardens entry site on LEI.

Great shots. LEI was my first dive trip after certification. Sort of starting at the top. I kept wondering where were the turtles at subsequent lesser diving destinations.

I guess, for you, LEI is sort of like Bonaire or Cozumel is for we yanks.

You might recognize the sign in my photo. It's posted near the Coral Gardens entry site on LEI.

I guess LEI has changed since you were there ... it is now an eco resort and all dives are boat dives ... no more walking out through the coral any where you want ... they have one entry near the lighthouse.

I am glad they have done that as Coral Gardens was absolutely fantastic ... the best dive site there

I was on LEI in 2002. They had the boat dive only rule with most everything going out from the beach by the lighthouse. Look both ways before crossing the runway! As I recall, there was a dock or entry point at Coral Gardens too, but we had to board a boat.

The Gardens are great. Shallow valleys with all manner of things whizzing by. Turtles, banded sea snakes, black tip sharks. The schools of trevales were immense. They would just engulf you around the bommies.

With unlimited shore diving, that's why I like Bonaire so much. Boat dives only if you want to. Of course it's a different environment and is rather suitable for this style of use.

i would be happy with unlimited golf carting... i have a new hobby!

gotta nag hubby for more pics - we jsut started back at work and was way too buggered last night to do pics

we only entered via coral gardens once becuase it was a bit too windy that morning but yes, it was a really nice site - im looking at my calander now at Nov 09, trying to figure out the better time for me to get time off work to revisit LEI!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom