Pics from Curacao trip last week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mintaka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We had a wonderful trip to Curacao last week. We stayed at Habitat and did 16 dives, 15 of them with my D300 setup. Here is a site with some of the pics. I really would appreciate some criticisms despite their bitter taste :) ! I'm going to Indonesia in a week (Banda Sea) for 11 days on a live aboard and I think some criticism on these pics would be a good learning experience. I always tried for the best position possible without any impact to the reef or its inhabitants.

Site Title

Thanks for looking
Dan

Loved the peacock flounder and the juvenile drummer (particularly that one). For the seahorse, try to get lower and a little more head-on. That is of course a tall request since they usually anchor themselves in inconvenient places. Interesting looking slipper lobster - looks like its a hundred years old and covered in dust bunnies. The white-spotted filefish is interesting because of the colors, patterns, and textures. Nice pics. Overall, get lower (maybe even looking upwards, sometimes) and more head-on. The photos will be more interesting than profile pics. More like a 3/4 profile, though. Straight on photos look strange and are hard to keep fully in focus because of the extra long depth of field needed.

Nice pictures.
David

Good advice AUTiger-- and thanks for your comments, ... you were the only one nice enough to say anything and I really appreciate it.

I think that shrimp that is the thrid last would be a better pic if you cropped the right out of focus bits out.

nice pix thnx for sharing

Hmmmm, what advice can I give...........How about, keep doing what your doing! Just great pics. I enjoyed looking at them.

Regards,

Bill

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

I love the schooling shots ! what site was that ? it looked like in one of the photos that there was some over hang also ..very nice photos!

Back
Top Bottom