Pick 1 and Post 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I had a garden, quite a bit; almost everything you can think of ... didn't do very good with celery though, but I tried. :)

Can the extra, or give it away?

Can the extra and then give it away.

Frozen veggies or canned?

Rear tines (Troy built) for the initial softening, then a smaller Mantis for deweeding and hilling up between the rows.

Intercrop, or intensive gardening?

heliflyer:
Can the extra and then give it away.

Frozen veggies or canned?
I'd prefer fresh (I never knew how good fresh grown ocra and asparagus was, until I grew some myself. Store bought is flavorless or bitter, and slimey), but if I had to choose, i'd take frozen.

Name brand, or any brand will do?

Compost (or seasoned manure) for the initial planting, then top dressed with manure for N and other micronutrients. Chems, for potash (didn't have a fireplace big enough for the ashes).

Insecticide: Homemade or commercial?

I grew blueberries as shrubs next to my home, with two huge blackberry shrubs (I got gallons off these two ... but the variety eludes me. Once I neglected to cut back the yeilding canes and pruned during the summer cause they got way to wirey, they dwindled down), never had any good success with strawberries, grapes (couldn't get seedless ones) or raspberries (the vines just didnt thrive). I landscaped with "edibles". :)

Having a home garden: Try growing things you'd never ate, just to try it, or only grow things you know you'll like?

Back
Top Bottom