Pic test and request about the other BBS ... Dang it, and how about posting a pic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seahuntt

Registered
Reaction score
Hey,
I wrote another report, but wanted to do a pic test to see if it was going to look right.
Also, could you do me a favor? If you hang out on ScubaDiving.com, could you forward a message for me to Doc Vikingo or anyone that could help out. This is seahunt and I have wanted to post over there for a while, but I can't. I can sort of log on, but it says I am still logged in as a guest. I tried to re-register, but it hooked me back to seahunt. As long as I'm not logged in, I can't contact anyone or see profiles. Annoying and I made another report that I'm going to post here (if the pic works) and I was going to put it there.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

... Lets see if this works

http://www.diver.net/seahunt/Zuma_062611/Wave_6631a.jpg

Nope, OK, how to link in an image now??? I spent time making a fairly nice report and I can't post it without the pics, so how do I link them in. I don't see an option.

The 2010 hunt

Look above the text box. There are icons for lots of things. The little picture frame icon places the

It will look like this;
Wave_6631a.jpg

edit: I just noticed that Scubaboard has changed things around again and now the picture frame only allows attachments. I wish they would have left the site the way it was. :(

Attachments

• Wave_6631a.jpg
    Wave_6631a.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 60
edit: I just noticed that Scubaboard has changed things around again and now the picture frame only allows attachments. I wish they would have left the site the way it was. :(

ScubaBoard did not change the way it works. vBulletin (the software we use) has changed the way it works. We just are users of the software.

The image tag works fine, but the link above doesn't work. That's why it doesn't work.

Here's an image using the img tag.

S-inside6.jpg

To do this... (when you click the photo link in the quick reply box) you want to UNCHECK the "retrieve the file and reference locally" This option removes the stress from someone else's website, and doesn't "hot link" the file. It's an enhancement with a benefit.

or just type [IMG]http://www.diver.net/seahunt/Zuma_062611/Wave_6631a.jpg[/IMG]

Wave_6631a.jpg

Thanks everyone.

... I thought I did try this...
Wave_6631a.jpg

...Apparently I did and it didn't work, so lets try this
Wave_6631a.jpg

Last edited:
Also - FWIW - I have an image size restriction, that automatically resizes images for posts. Clicking on the image will display a full sized image.

Back
Top Bottom