Phuket - Places to stay before and/or after a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2Narced

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wondering if anyone has an interesting option for accommodations for a few days, before and/or after a 4-day liveaboard trip in November. Not necessarily looking for something top end, but someplace nice on or very near a beach would be good.

I would recommend Kata Beach. I have the shop there because I like it there.
Having said that, if you're flying out the next day you could also consider somewhere closer to the airport, so you don't have to travel all the way down after the liveaboard and up again the next day (presuming your liveaboard is leaving from Tap Lamu).

I very much second Stevens opinion - If in Phuket I stay at Sawasdee Baray Villa which is on the expensive side (by thai standards) but hey the butler is fantastic - all of the Sawasdee Villas are (not the guesthouse across the road) and Steven will look after you - short 2 minute walk up the road.
For somewhere close to the airport you may enjoy the Naiyang Beach Club Resort right on the quietest little beach or its expensive and IMO overated neighbour the Indigo Pearl both less than 5 minutes by taxi from the airport....and there is a little bit of diving there depending on the time of the year. Both Kata and Nai Yang are away from the mess of Bangla Road which is fun for an hour then .....meh....give me some peace and quiet.

There's a similar theme here with what I'm going to suggest but the more the merrier!

If staying near the airport is ideal you can't go wrong with Nai Yang Beach or somewhere else I've stayed a few time which was wonderful is Naithon which is just a little farther south from Nai Yang. Head into Kata for a little more civilization but stay away from Patong unless you want to party the night away IMO.

I can't give you a hotel as we all have different tastes, needs and budgets but check them places out...

Diver's Inn in the South end of Karon Beach, aprx 1000,- THB ,budget style. I stay there every year....close to Phuket Scuba Club if you want some shore diving too... Lots of restaurants in the area, cheap breakfasts etc. Can recommend a few places if you are interested.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Before and after a liveaboard, the ideal place to stay for a few days would be in the Khao Lak area. The beaches and resorts are very nice, and it's nowhere near as built up as Phuket where Patong, Kata and Karon are all like anthills they're so busy. The only downside is the taxi fare from/to the airport, but it's quite a long ride and worth the fare, I think, especially since taxi fares on Phuket are out of control anyway, making the fare up to Khao Lak relatively reasonable in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom