Phuket late May/early June

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I intend to go to Phuket late May early/ June for about a week on my way back to NZ. Can anyone recommend a liveaboard that is still likely to go this time of year?

If there aren't any going, can anyone recommend a company to do daytrips with and a place to stay away from the busy nightlife? All preferably mid budget but would be willing to pay a bit more since this will be my last trip for a while with a baby on the way!

Many thanks!

Dutch Kiwi:
I intend to go to Phuket late May early/ June for about a week on my way back to NZ. Can anyone recommend a liveaboard that is still likely to go this time of year?

If there aren't any going, can anyone recommend a company to do daytrips with and a place to stay away from the busy nightlife? All preferably mid budget but would be willing to pay a bit more since this will be my last trip for a while with a baby on the way!

Many thanks!

Are you looking specifically for a liveaboard to the Similans? Sea Bees run 3d/3n trips throughout the low season, and there are LOBs going south from Phuket. Of course, there's always daytrip diving from a large selection of ops.

(I'm assuming it's your partner who is pregnant as you didn't list your gender in your user profile. Or are you adopting?)

Welcome to the board Dutch Kiwi. My buddy and I used Sea Bees in late March and they are a very good operation at a very reasonable price. We stayed several nights at Patong Beach in the Amari Coral Beach resort (about $US130 a night for two with a great breakfast) which was on the headland away from the busy night life (and somewhat tacky touristy beach area).
Cheers
Alison

Back
Top Bottom