Phuket in July/August = Resorts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dough18

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

Have read a fair amount but would appreciate some up to date info on where to stay while there for 5 days. My buddy and I are both experienced divers and will go out every day when weather allows.

We would also like to take in the nightlife and have access to great restaurants and bars.

I realize its a long car ride each day but is Patong the place to stay? If so, or not, I'd appreciate recommendations on resorts/operators...really don't want to deal with a wholesaler...I want to dive with the shop that owns the boat. :). Maybe we should stay in Kata and cab it into town 1-2 nights?

Cheers,

Doug

I think you'll find good food/bars in Rawai/Chalong and save yourself a lot of headaches trying to get to the dock in time for the boat in the morning. You can always rent a scooter and drive to Patong for a night out if that's what you want. Taxi's are a notorious problem area on Phuket. As far as operators, it depends on what you want but I'll plug a new one I think is good, Booking is easy....info@bluecornerphuket.com Tel: 0949361368

Thanks what I am thinking. But I also want nice beaches which seem to be more eon the west side.

I think you'll find good food/bars in Rawai/Chalong and save yourself a lot of headaches trying to get to the dock in time for the boat in the morning. You can always rent a scooter and drive to Patong for a night out if that's what you want. Taxi's are a notorious problem area on Phuket. As far as operators, it depends on what you want but I'll plug a new one I think is good, Booking is easy....info@bluecornerphuket.com Tel: 0949361368
Blue Corner, where divers who had 2 beers already in the morning are allowed to go diving because the owner is afraid of the agents?

You can always rent a scooter and drive to Patong for a night out if that's what you want
That's very bad advice! Do yourself a favour and don't rent a scooter to drive between Rawai/Chalong and Patong (or anywhere else on the west side of Phuket), that's really not a good idea, especially at night (let alone after you've been out drinking!). As an additional hazard July/August is wet season.

Last edited:
Some very nice accomodation at Kata (Check out Sawasdee Baray Villa) leaving you sort of equidistant between Patong for your nightlife and Chalong Pier for your diving. Totally agree with UFOorb - bad bad idea to hire a scooter. Taxis and tuktuks are cheap, most of the dive ops will arrange transport (can recommend Steven L in Kata I'm sure he will pop up soon) gratis and if you do come to grief on a scooter road rash is the best outcome you can hope for and that will be really painful if you attempt to dive. The few baht extra is well worth it.

Some very nice accomodation at Kata (Check out Sawasdee Baray Villa) leaving you sort of equidistant between Patong for your nightlife and Chalong Pier for your diving.

Yeah we've stayed at Kata and it's not a big deal to travel to/from Chalong for the boat. Pick up from your hotel should usually included in the price of the diving.

"Blue Corner, where divers who had 2 beers already in the morning are allowed to go diving because the owner is afraid of the agents?"

Can you specify when this happened? I'm willing to ask about it to folks that work on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom