Phuket in Early July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Todd999

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am planning a trip to Thailand in the first half of July. I know monsoon season starts around then but is early monsoon season an issue for diving? Or is it just a mid day rainstorm?

Is the area near the pier a good place t rent a house for a family vacation? or should we stay in another place and drive to the pier on the days we dive?

Rough sea and strong wind.

Rent will be lower because it is the low season.
Day boat usually departs from Chalong Beach.

July is the time of the first few flooding events in urban areas and streets and a time when the people are and infra is generally unprepared to deal with whatever comes with the years rains. I would avoid. Search the net for “Thailand floods” then make up your mind…

Disclaimer: As seen on TV

Are there other places in Thailand that are still good to dive in early July?

Are there other places in Thailand that are still good to dive in early July?
I believe Koh Tao on the east might be drier than the rest of Thailand. Regulars can comment as I have only been there once…

Koh Tao is certainly much drier, though it is sees some drizzles. They recently added two artificial wrecks, which along with the Sattakut should be pretty nice. The reef diving is less exciting though.

There are two excellent sites in Koh Tao: Chumphon Pinnacle and Sail Rock.
Diving schedule is usually two dives in the morning and also in the afternoon. All the sites are very close by to base except the aforementioned two sites.
A lot of beginner divers from OW to AOW and some operators are infamously known as factory.
Master Divers is my recommendation.

Koh Phangan and Koh Samui are within reach with the ferry.

I have been to Koh Tao and did a week of dives with BigBlueTech it was a lot of fun but I would like to try a new spot before I go back to Koh Tao.

I have been to Koh Tao and did a week of dives with BigBlueTech it was a lot of fun but I would like to try a new spot before I go back to Koh Tao.
andy and his team are good guys

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom