Phuket Family Vacation 22nd - 28th Dec 06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You may find my Phuket Blog useful for things to do. The cableski is something I must add on there one day. The waterfall is not much more than a dripping tap.

You CAN do a day trip to Phi Phi with discover scuba and get to see some of the island if you use the Offspray Speedboat. Not so cheap, but small group, friendly service, excellent lunches. I wish there were more boats like this!

i think that at the moment there is a little more water than a dripping tap............

but then i suppose all things are relative, compared to niagra falls its a dripping tap

there is more than enough water coming through it at the moment that it gives you a nice firm "massage" when you sit under it for a while - especially good after staying on the cable ski for "just that extra hour" which seems to deaden your muscles :D

OnTheSpot:
I wish there were more boats like this!

He's talking about building a second boat for next season, so you may soon have your wish!

Quero + Batfish - have you both done the Offspray? Am thinking of booking a daytrip to Phi Phi with them when I'm there in Jan and was wondering how comfortable the boats are. Do they only dive on Tues, Thurs and Sat? Can't seem to find an itnerary for other days on their website.

Batfish - LUV your blog! Great articles and nice shots too!

Traminer:
Quero + Batfish - have you both done the Offspray? Am thinking of booking a daytrip to Phi Phi with them when I'm there in Jan and was wondering how comfortable the boats are. Do they only dive on Tues, Thurs and Sat? Can't seem to find an itnerary for other days on their website.

Batfish - LUV your blog! Great articles and nice shots too!

I routinely go on Offspray. The boat itself is fitted out specially for divers with gear (including tanks) stowed in slots under the seats, good music plays on the iPod, and you aren't diving with a huge crowd. They go to Phi Phi on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, with lunch at an upscale resort on the island, but on Fridays there's a new trip to Racha Noi with a picnic on the beach (yum!). They also get a fair number of charters, so that takes up the rest of the time. Let me know if I can help you any further.

Offspray is very good and I wish there were more options like it. You pay a little more, but have so many advantages over the big dive boats - fast, short travel time, small group of divers, more personal service, great lunches, time for a long surface interval, time for a touch of sightseeing and so on. Phi Phi trips are indeed only 3 days per week.

I wish I had more time for the blog, so much I want to add on there, but prefer not to just copy other peoples things and write it fresh with my own pictures where possible. That means going out around the island and beyond, but I only have 1 day off per week :(

Back
Top Bottom