Phuket daytrips/ similan liveaboard dive centers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Pick the operators with their own boat. Read the small print and the available languages offered in the web site.
2. Never ever join a cattle boat at any cost.
Not an option in Phuket. The sites are a couple of hours away and only big boats go. But the day boats are mostly for transport only. You book your own DM/guide. It's easy to stay away from the problem groups in the water and have a nice dive

Not an option in Phuket. The sites are a couple of hours away and only big boats go. But the day boats are mostly for transport only. You book your own DM/guide. It's easy to stay away from the problem groups in the water and have a nice dive
Have to disagree on this!
There are operators based on Phuket and have their own boats to run day trip to the nearest site.
Scuba Diving Phuket | Similan Island Diving | Dive Asia

Done a day trip with them a yr ago. Picked up from my hotel in Patong and returned in late afternoon. It was a full day excursion.

1. Pick the operators with their own boat. Read the small print and the available languages offered in the web site.
2. Never ever join a cattle boat at any cost.
Option 2 agree to a certain extend. It really depends on timing and local knowledge what is the best offer available.
Option 1 only if you want a very biased opinion.

That's a big boat. It's 23m, takes
20+ divers. I believe it can be booked through any of the local shops as well.

Have to disagree on this!
There are operators based on Phuket and have their own boats to run day trip to the nearest site.
Scuba Diving Phuket | Similan Island Diving | Dive Asia

Done a day trip with them a yr ago. Picked up from my hotel in Patong and returned in late afternoon. It was a full day excursion.
And that example of yours runs their own boat about 2 days a week, other days they book on cattle boats. And yes, divesites are always at least 1.5 hours away.

The point is you aren't going to find a 6-pack that will just take you and your buddies out for a 2 tank morning dive.

Actually, I did find one like that at Naiyang, which is a nice beach and walking street just south of the Phuket airport (an hour away from the tourist beaches of Patong, Kata and Karon). I wanted to dive with them on my last trip there, but couldn't work out the scheduling: https://www.aquaonewatersports.com/

The point is you aren't going to find a 6-pack that will just take you and your buddies out for a 2 tank morning dive.

Actually, I did find one like that at Naiyang, which is a nice beach and walking street just south of the Phuket airport (an hour away from the tourist beaches of Patong, Kata and Karon). I wanted to dive with them on my last trip there, but couldn't work out the scheduling: https://www.aquaonewatersports.com/
Agree, there are some options there. Diving is not great, but while in the area worth it to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom