phuket airways?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nikyyo

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this airline. I need a round trip from BKK to Phuket in February and they have the cheapest price so far: by around 30 dollars. Of course I would rather pay the extra money and fly Bangkok airways or Thai Airways if this is the safer option. ANyone ever here of them? I couldn't find a web site.

There are a whole bunch of budget airlines offering low cost flight between Bangkok and Phuket now beside Phuket Air such as Air Asia, Nok Air and 1 2 Go airline.
I generally try to avoid Bangkok Airways as they are not any cheaper than Thai Airlines and the seats are much more cramp. It is not a big deal as the flight is pretty short but for the same price, you can get a bit more leg rooms on full fare airline.
I flew Phuket Air once, it was ok, nothing special but nothing to complain about either.

ssra30:
There are a whole bunch of budget airlines offering low cost flight between Bangkok and Phuket now beside Phuket Air such as Air Asia, Nok Air and 1 2 Go airline.

Flew Nok Air to Phuket once this year. It was actually pretty good overall - equally incompetent service but half the price of THAI. What was great was the fact that they were experimenting (I don't know whether it is still Nok Air's policy) with giving divers more weight allowance - our group was able to load a large quantity of photographic equipment.

Forgot to mention, last year when I was looking to go to Sipadan (before Air Asia started their operation in Thailand) I heard that they would only allow 15kg of checkin baggage. I don't know if that is still true. I tend to fly Thai Airways as most often they aren't too picky about excess baggage .I travel with about 45 kg of ckeckin baggage when I go diving-15kg dive gear, 25kg+ camera equipment-those Stormcases are heavy. :(

Just flew Nok Air in November, and for regular seats (not their "business class"), you have a weight limit of 15kg. Anything over, and get charged 50 THB per kg. This weight policy is similar to other "discount" airlines. Still a good deal, and if it matters to you, Nok Air is run by Thai Airways. Didn't have any problems with the flights, quite decent actually.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom