Photos - Shark Dive Off Juno

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
So, a year passes by and within a week we head back up to see the lemon sharks again. The dive was setup again by Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup and with the same boat, "Sandy's Sunday". We did two dives, the first on some wrecks and the second a drift down the westward facing Juno Ledges.

2_G_002.jpg

A lot of the regular active divers in the group show up for the trip including both Steve and Brian from the meetup sponsoring shop, Gold Coast Scuba » Your Site Name .

3_G_003.jpg

The first spot is quite close to Palm Beach Inlet, about 12 minutes out. So, we gear up and get ready to hit it. As it turns out there is a ripping northward current on the order of 2 kts. and poor visibility less than 30 ft. or so. The bottom is about 72 ft. deep. We hit the wrecks strewn with some heavy hemp cables and then proceed to drift over sand a while to the north.

4_IMG_1989.jpg

I think this is Kim taking some of her normally excellent photos. We did the dive in the afternoon so the sun was lower particularly on the second dive a couple of hours before sunset. So, between the low light and poor viz. shooting conditions were poor.

Here's a HD2 GoPro video from the dive. I had the GoPro running in a chest harness but wasn't very optimistic about getting useable video out of it given the dark, turbid conditions. I was surprised by what it captured blowing away the still quality from my more costly Canon G12 setup.

CLICK IMAGE TO LINK TO VIDEO

More including shots from last year's shark dive at

Looking for lemons on Juno Ledge - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

Thanks, conditions really were poor, I was surprised to have anything to make a video with. I have used a flat corrective port housings for underwater shots with GoPro cameras for over a year. It is very much worth getting one for UW shooting, there is no comparison in image quality particularly closer up. The HD2 handles low light a lot better than the original HD as well.

can you PM me a link to the video for some reason no pics are showing up for me to click on. I just bought a GoPro Hero2 and would love to see the quality of it underwater. I have yet to go diving with it, as im new to diving.

Going through a gallery upgrade, it looks like addresses may have been changed. I sure hope not as there are thousands of illustrated articles out there including this one going back many years. Anyway, in the interim, you can checkout videos at RickI's videos on Vimeo The HD2 videos start in the top two rows on page 3 and go to page 1. If you go back through the gallery you will see corrected HD videos, uncorrected ones and old WIDE videos going back a few years. Be sure to get a flat corrective housing for your GoPro for UW shooting, something like Eye of Mine and hopefully soon the one GoPro will be releasing.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom