Photos from La Paz and Big Sur

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spt29970

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi All,

I have been diving my brains out the last few months so I haven't been haunting the boards. I thought I would share some photos from two very different trips. The first was a week on the Don Jose liveaboard in the Sea of Cortez. The Don Jose is based out of La Paz. The second is from 4 days diving the Big Sur coast aboard the Vision dive boat. The Vision is harbored in Santa Barbara, but for this trip we departed from Morro Bay. Big Sur is rarely dived since the weather is often tricky. If you ever get a chance to do it I highly recommend it since it is such a beautiful and dramatic land/sea-scape.

La Paz photos can be found here Laz Paz Diving 2009 and Big Sur here Big Sur Diving

Enjoy!

Great pix,thnx

Nice pics !---What are the water temps there ?

Great stuff, Steve. Were you on the Vision to Big Sur? We've looked at that trip the last few years, but it's never been the right time.
I've heard La Paz is a terrific place to dive, with great variety of small stuff and Pelagics. Did you see a lot of biggies down there?

Yeah we were on the Vision. Dive conditions were a little mixed. We had great dives in some of the sheltered coves but had some big time surge in others. Even so it was definitely fun. In La Paz we got skunked on the big pelagics. The sharks are pretty much all fished out. We spent a day looking for whale sharks and missed them too. The highlights were the sardines, sea lions, and barracuda. I also saw some schools of skipjack tuna but didn't get any photos of then. Oh well there is always next time.

Last edited:
I love the Sea of Cortez! Thanks for posting your photos. I'm sure you have many more - why not post a few extra?

Thanks Dave, I have lots more, but I edit ruthlessly. I would rather only post the very best. If you look through my other galleries on flickr, I hope you will see what I mean. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom