Photos from 5 day Vision trip to Cortez Banks, Sep. 2013 up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tjack

Contributor
Reaction score
Taos, New Mexico and Georgian Bay, Ontario
# of dives
500 - 999
Brittle_star_invasion_Anacapa - ScubaBoard Gallery

starfish reefscape sb.jpg

I am actually looking to go on this trip in March. I was having to decide whether to do a Bonaire trip or 5 day liveaboard and these pictures convince me more towards the liveaboard. Thanks.

How many dives did you guys do per day?

Personally I think Channel Islands diving is world class. As fnfalman points out the colors can be on par with the best coral reefs. Big critter encounters are common, sea lions, harbor seals, giant sea bass, guitar fish, bat rays you never know what might turn up. This last trip we found angel sharks. Macro is likewise excellent with amazing nudibranchs.

We average 5 dives a day, Sinbad, more are possible! Water temps can run in the 60s range so dry suit is ideal but plenty of people on the boats will be diving wet. Visibility can run to 80' rarely less than 20'. Late summer / fall tends to yield the best conditions?

Truth Aquatics out of Santa Barbara and the Peace boat out of Ventura run 3-5 day trips. Don't expect a private cabin, berths are bunks with a curtain. Seems like the price has crept up recently, $900 for five days, but these are long range trips covering lots of water.

Personally I think Channel Islands diving is world class. As fnfalman points out the colors can be on par with the best coral reefs. Big critter encounters are common, sea lions, harbor seals, giant sea bass, guitar fish, bat rays you never know what might turn up. This last trip we found angel sharks. Macro is likewise excellent with amazing nudibranchs.

We average 5 dives a day, Sinbad, more are possible! Water temps can run in the 60s range so dry suit is ideal but plenty of people on the boats will be diving wet. Visibility can run to 80' rarely less than 20'. Late summer / fall tends to yield the best conditions?

Truth Aquatics out of Santa Barbara and the Peace boat out of Ventura run 3-5 day trips. Don't expect a private cabin, berths are bunks with a curtain. Seems like the price has crept up recently, $900 for five days, but these are long range trips covering lots of water.

Makes sense. I do not look for luxury w.hen I am liveaboarding. Plenty of diving, some decent food and good vis is all I ask for. What kind of visibility is expected in these waters during March? I am booking myself for their 5 day trip in March so I was wondering if viz would be as great as I see in your pictures

The food on both the Vision and Peace is excellent. I have never done a spring trip, but I'm sure the SoCal regulars can give an idea of what conditions are like in March?

In winter, SoCal visibility is primarily affected by recent storm activity. Absent heavy weather and the occasional localized plankton bloom, the vis is generally outstanding in March.

Back
Top Bottom