photos + a video from Coral Street Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuggler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Conditions were great today! Dive #1 was at Lover's Point but I didn't bring my camera. Viz was probably 15 ft. and better in some areas. Some surge, but aren't we all used to it by now? Dive #2 was at Coral Street Beach. As soon as I was ready to surface, we were greeted by a friendly harbor seal. It was so cute; reminded me of my fat maine coon. :) This is the link to the seal video and below are some pics...

anemone
IMG_0068.jpg

cabezon
IMG_0085.jpg

since I didn't bring my camera on dive #1, I looked for trash instead
P1020282.jpg

what is this juvenile something?
IMG_0065.jpg

proof that viz was more than 5 ft lol
IMG_0104.jpg

Nice pictures. Sorry I missed you again... Maybe next time. I love watching seals :) Looks like you found a particularly rotund individual :wink:

Thanks for the report

Excellent photos! I dove Coral Street today as well and the viz was awesome. I really like the Cabezon picture. The seals were more friendly to you than they were to me, no fair!

Thanks, guys! Hope the conditions stay nice until next weekend.

Ben - don't forget about lobos, may 8, we need you to be our tour guide :p

The unidentified picture looks like a juvenile Great Sculpin. Nice pix! Coral Street is one of the great unsung sites in the area as far as I'm concerned. The incredible splashes of color alone are worth the trip, and it's the only place near Monterey where I ever saw at least a dozen different kinds of nudibranchs in a single dive.

nice pictures. the water color looks awesome. I'll have to plan on diving next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom