photography in silty areas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

deepn0va

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been using my G9 underwater for almost a year now but have not found out how to take still images that do not have a lot of particulate blurring the image. I have some other examples, but the one below is the only I have with me at this time.

Video comes out fine, still images, not so much.
IMG_0976.jp

If you have ample ambient light you could turn off the on-board flash and white balance.

Three problems, get closer, get closer, and get closer. I shoot in crappy water all the time and the range to subject needs to be just a few inches.

so i guess it is the reflection of the flash against the particles so close to the flash on the camera. thanks for the swift anwers.

so i guess it is the reflection of the flash against the particles so close to the flash on the camera. thanks for the swift anwers.

It's actually the path that light from the strobe takes when it is reflected by the particles. You want it to "bank" off the particles, and not be reflected back in the direction of the lens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom