photographic competition in Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!!

Not so sure myself. There's some really good photographers out there, and I don't think I'm up to competition standard yet!

It's looking unlikely that I'll go anyway. I figured that I'd definately need a laptop to do post processing, and to get the entries together.....something that I don't already own, and together with the cost of the trip itself makes it all a bit too expensive, albeit that the laptop would be useful for other trips, including the two weeks in Sharm in October.....decisions, decisions......

I still haven't heard back from them regarding the competion rules etc either.

For those interested, the official website is www.www.redseashootout.com

You can also find the rules and regs on there.

The bad news is that it doesn't appear as though digital is allowed......bummer, that counts me out!

That's a pity.... I was keepieng my fingers crossed for you.

As an idiot in shooting - does it make competition more or less difficult?
Mania

I'd say film was harder, as you don't know how it's come out till after you get the film developed, whereas you get a pretty good idea there and then with digital.

Plus with an average digital storage card you can get 200+ photo's per dive. With Film you're limited to only 36!

Obviously you still need the skills for either!!

chippy:
Obviously you still need the skills for either!!

That much I know. But this is the thing I lack the most :11ztongue
Mania

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom