photographic competition in Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania

Cousin Itt
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Latest news from Hurghada – 1st Annual Red Sea shoot out competition – July 10 – 14th
The photographic competition is organized by Red Sea Association for Diving and Water Sports.
Prizes are founded by International Resort, Dive rite, TDI, M/Y Oyster, M/Y Rosetta and Scuba Pro.
Here is the contact
association@redseaexperience.com phone +20 65 444 802 fax +20 65 444 801

Chippy don’t tell me you are going to miss it!!!!
Mania

Alas, I'll have to miss that one, unless I can convince "the other half" to let me head out there for a week on my own :eyebrow:

Myabe I'd better start earning some browny points! :wink:

Wish I could go...I am sure the weather is nice and dry in July (0.1% chance of rain...)....

Maybe we could get a SB team together???

Just checked on flight/accomodation prices from here, and it's certainly viable for me.....

Mania, have you got any recommendations for dive operators in Hurghada?

Shukkran

Chippy
There are at least two dive centres I could reccomend - my Blue Sea - the one I use and Colona divers - Scandinavian one. Colona is bigger than Blue Sea. Any way i know both of them so....
Mania
PS. You know I'm not capable of taking pictures so I'm not planning to take part in it. The only thing I know is to how put vodka into the camera:wink:

mania:
The only thing I know is to how put vodka into the camera:wink:
And what kind of pictures might you get from that....I wonder... :06:

I reckon the best way to approach it, would be to do shore dives (longer bottom time with shallower dives) with a "private" guide, rather than jumping in a boat and following the crowd. More time can be spent on each shot that way, rather than just having to "grab" a shot and then fin like crazy to catch everyone else up!!

The major problem is that Hurghada differs from Sharm - 90% of the dive sites and the reefs are farther in the sea. Including the most famous Aquarium - Giftun Island. So it would be difficult to take really good pictures. But there is a possibility to take sort of a private boat and then you have time to shoot.

justleesa - In other thread I told the story that our camera flooded so one way to save it is to put alcohol inside (alcohol doesn't destroy electronics and absorbs both water and salt). And for Poles (after all we discovered vodka!!!!!!!!! Russian were the second) it hurt to loose half of bottle....
Mania

Thanks Mania

I've dropped the association an email to get some more info and rules etc - Might be a bit embarrasing if I were to turn up and find that there was no digital allowed!

If it looks like I'll go, I might give a chap I know from Sinai shots a call and see if he fancies teaming up for a few days.

fingers crossed!!!

I'll keep them crossed!!!!!
Mania
PS. I'm positive you may win this one

Back
Top Bottom