Photographers - I want your input

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With all due respect to what Blazinator said above, IMHO the Olympus 720 or any newer model of the waterproof line (SW) by Olympus is a bad choice. Fist off, they don't offer full manual control. Also, it doesn't offer custom white balance. Although the latest models are water proof to 33 feet, that is not a dept practical for diving so you're going to have to buy a housing anyway. You are paying a premium for it being waterproof in addition to also buying a housing, it can get costly.

I have definitely wanted the full manual control and white balance. Very big issues. But for the price, and getting practice, it has been a good introduction to UW Photography.

Thanks also for the tips on some full systems under 500 bucks - didn't know that. Do they include strobes? External, adjustable strobes seem to be the biggest price add-on when you want to get more serious into it. Right now I'm using my 24 watt HID as my strobe, video light, and white balancer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom