Photographer's BackUp Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cmm1970

Registered
Reaction score
My buddy and I are needing to purchase new backup lights. We both use DSLR cameras/housing rigs with Hartenberger or Light and Motion Focus Lights. These act as our primary dive lights, but you always need a back up. In this case, back up to back up since our Inon strobes have very adequate modelling lights.

We have used and flooded UK lights and Ikelite PC lights in the past. What I would like to know is what is working for you all in the 2-4 C cell size or 4 AA cell size back up light. Are these 1watt LED's worth a flip?

Looking forward to experiences and opinions.

Thanks,
Mike Meek

cmm1970:
We have used and flooded UK lights and Ikelite PC lights in the past. What I would like to know is what is working for you all in the 2-4 C cell size or 4 AA cell size back up light.

Mike, I have to admit that I'm a little puzzled by your statement that you have "used and flooded UK lights and Ikelite PC lights in the past...." We have a couple of UK SL4s that are at least 6 years old, and never had a flooding problem with them despite hundreds of dives.

We find the SL4s to be especially good back-up lights because not only are they very bright, but compact enough to fit easily into a BC pocket. Something, as you well know, that is very desireable when you are already shlepping around all that u/w photo equipment. :wink:

DSDO,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom