photo trip with Giant Humboldt Squid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMG that those photos are fabulous. I didn't read it but was that chainmail (sp) you were wearing? And who was the cute guy with the mustache? :D

fairybasslet:
OMG that those photos are fabulous. I didn't read it but was that chainmail (sp) you were wearing? And who was the cute guy with the mustache? :D

Yes, the armor we used for that dive was a Neptunic Shark suit http://www.neptunic.com Ivo the photographer was a very experienced diver who had dove with all types of sharks all over the world. He opted to have a single dive experience where we did a deep drift on a cable. Normaly we dive goups closer to the surface. Most of the action I end up gettin is on my arms so I only wear my arms for this time of the year. Later on as the squid get bigger my panel armor is more usefull.

The handsome guy with the mustache is a local squid harvester/gigalo who pleases the ladies when he is not harvesting squid.

He tells me hes not sure which job is harder.....:confused:

Customers have the option of a cage also.

GTB

fairybasslet:

Are you thinking of "cheatin" on me already? Sigh.

Good to talk to you today, gonetobaja. I'll read the posted report in a few minutes.

drbill:
Are you thinking of "cheatin" on me already? Sigh.
Why Bill, I didn't know you cared. :07: :blinking: :D

gonetobaja:
The handsome guy with the mustache is a local squid harvester/gigalo who pleases the ladies when he is not harvesting squid.

He tells me hes not sure which job is harder.....:confused:

Customers have the option of a cage also.

GTB
I'd definitely say it looks like he has no problem pleasing the squids.:D

It was great talking to you also Dr. Bill. I will get together the info for you on the tagging ideas. Thanks for your advice and input on our research project.

I sure would like to know where they go after we release them.......:confused:

I think having the customers write down some info on the particular squid will help us gather more data when we are under the water.

GTB
www.sea-wolves.com
www.gonetobaja.com

Back
Top Bottom