photo trip with Giant Humboldt Squid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is truly awesome!!! Big squid..coooooool!!!

thats great gonetobaja !!
I have your vidio from your first posts here ... outstanding!

Im stoked you guys like em!!

Just FYI there is an article comming out in the July issue of Outside Magazine

http://outside.away.com/outside/toc/200607.html

It has some REALLY great pics in it of our dive with Outside Magazine. Also the DVD called Demonio Rojo "The truth about the Humboldt Squid" is in final sound edit right now. It wil have full surround sound. Now you can hear the impact of the squid as they attack the diver. The footage on the new DVD is amazing and one of a kind.

Our producer should have a trailer up in a week and I will be posting it on this board for sure!! :eyebrow:

Our next step is to get involved with some PHD researchers (scubaboards own Dr. Bill) and start a program on collecting info on the squid we encounter and tagging and releasing them for future data collecting.

It would be interesting to know where the small ones go.

By the way those pics of mine are from an Olympus 5megapixle camera with housing. Standard flash on the camera with a little diffuser.

GTB
www.sea-wolves.com
www.gonetobaja.com

gonetobaja:
Im stoked you guys like em!!

Just FYI there is an article comming out in the July issue of Outside Magazine
Glad you mentioned this. Got the magazine yesterday and I usually do not look at them because I never subscribed to it.

I have been trying to find the July Issue myself. I havent seen it yet. How is the article?

Are the pics as good as the cameraman said they would be?

gonetobaja:
I have been trying to find the July Issue myself. I havent seen it yet. How is the article?

Are the pics as good as the cameraman said they would be?
To tell you the truth, I didn't finish the article. I got bored reading it. Most of the articles in Outside are so macho...:D But the photos were good

The photographers name was Paolo Marchesi. Hes a really cool guy. The writers name is Tim. Hes a pretty nice guy also. So far I havent read it. But its good to hear that the photos where cool.

thanks for the info!:D

GTB

That was an amazing post. I'm fascinated by these guys. Loreto was a bit of a discovery for me. Wonderful area and squidlies too!

Sea ya!

Back
Top Bottom