Photo tips for Blackwater Drift Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

would love to see your results...
Well, it was as tough as people said! But I decided ahead of time that I wasn't going to concentrate on pictures or I'd ruin the dive.

Once I got used to the dive I took out the camera. Didn't use flash, just a high powered light. Biggest difficulties:

Please note that I was using a point and shoot (TG5) and one strobe. I decided to 86 the strobe and use my powerful dive light.

DIFFICULTIES:

1.) autofocus. I could have put it on manual, but I don't think I could have nailed any shots.

2.) any movement whatsoever and the water movement you just made will blow the little thing out of frame.

Out of about 20-25 pics, I got one sharp and one "sharp enough".
45197774_481288085691819_204341491538067456_n.jpg
45282675_481703168983644_1986547576991645696_n.jpg

Its always the women who figure it out.
:snorkel:
Bill

very nice start.....

Not bad at all. Next time you might want to try using the TG-5's focus bracketing feature. It works very well and should be useful under these conditions.

Not bad at all. Next time you might want to try using the TG-5's focus bracketing feature. It works very well and should be useful under these conditions.
I didn't know there *was* a bracketing feature! I will absolutely do that!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom