Photo / HD video flexibility (camcorder or camera??)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One thing to remember about even the best DSLR video is that for macro stuff it really isn't yet quite there. Autofocus is not very good with the lenses you will use for macro. On the other hand you can get IMAX quality WA video with the right lens (check out the Canon promo film for the 8-15, it is stunning). If I were interested in video, I would get a dedicated HD video housing and take along a P&S S95 in a Canon housing for the WA (or macro) side of the world. Also don't forget that video and still take very different lighting you will need both strobes and a dedicated video light and the DS161 is really not a video light. So to me, if video is my primary objective then I get a video camera, if stills are my primary mode then I get a DSLR and maybe put a GOPRO on the housing.

Bill

Back
Top Bottom