Photo from Wednesday's (10/8) dive on Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gilligan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I didn't see anything special on today's dive so I wanted to just share the results of a photo I took with manual settings, no flash and the white balance manually set from a dive slate at 70 feet. I then made two adjustments to it in Photoshop as seen in the lower photo when you scroll down.
Photo

Gilligan, do you have a picture of the same scene , manual exposure and auto white balance?

Sorry ReyeR, I didn't take one with the auto white balance. I spent this dive messing with the manual white balance as I need more practice with it. But I will tell you that when I use the auto WB the pics are blue as in this one which is with manual exposure and and I can't get them to clean up in Photoshop. The manual WB is more on the greenish side and cleans up in Photoshop much easier.

Saw this thread over at digitaldiver.com earlier today.
http://www.digitaldiver.info/yabbse/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2809

Check out the way to correct the blue cast posted by Mandrake, blending a b/w copy of the picture with red then blend it back to the original. It works incredibly well on many of my pictures, especially pictures with white sandy bottom. It added a lot of red back into the pictures while not overexaggerating the red that you already have in the picture.

raviepoo and others,
I have to correct myself on the re-touched photo process. I did not completely use the Clone Stamp tool as there was not enough area to clone due to all the red in the blue area. I used the Eyedropper tool to select the blue for color match, then the Magic Wand tool to select as much of the blue area as possible. I then filled that area with the blue. Finally I used the Clone Stamp tool to touch up the areas that the magic Wand tool did not initially select. This Photo shows the blue area before it was corrected. Sorry for the confusion but I was messing with the photo with so many tools I forgot which one I had used on the site.
:shades:

as always sir, thanks for sharing your beautiful pics and your knowledge with us. i just downloaded Photoshop 7 trial version and now i have to figure out how to use it. :)

thanks,
steve

Back
Top Bottom