Photo Excursion from Komodo to East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia Aboard Dive-Damai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Komodo to East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia Aboard Dive-Damai
komodo_dragon.png

13 days, 12 nights from March 15-27, 2012

$6035 per person/double occupancy
Group size is limited to 8 guests only. $1500 deposit to reserve your spot.

ONE MALE AND ONE FEMALE SPOT LEFT

We'll be aboard Dive-Damai, the same boat we chartered for our recent Raja Ampat trip. We will concentrate on the highlights of Komodo with two days of exploration in the south of Flores. The last part will be in the Alor area and surrounding islands. This longer trip allows us to focus on the best of these areas and go off to find some new dive sites also. The last time I was in this area I was able to photograph many critters I've never seen before. There are great opportunities here for both wide angle photography, as well as macro.

All the flights will be out of Dempasar, Bali. Our starting point on the boat, Labuan Bajo (LBJ) is about 325 miles east of Bali and Kupang (KOE). Where we get off the boat, is about 590 miles east of Bali. We'll be using Dive-Damai to arrange the domestic flights. We'll be happy to assist you with international flights to and from Bali if you need. We highly recommend you arrive in Bali at least one to two full days before the domestic flights to Labuanbajo. If you have not been to Bali before, you may want to schedule more time there also. Bali is one of the most exotic places I've ever visited and I can give you a lot of recommendations of where to go and what to see. This photo excursion is limited to eight guests only, so there will be plenty of time to work with each person one-on-one!

We will also offer several underwater photography related presentations on several of the evenings. This trip will be tailored to your needs and requests!

Includes:

• Accommodations on board MSY Damai for 12 nights
  • All diving while on board
  • All meals while on board
  • Dive gear available for your use
  • Photo workshop and assistance
  • Use of backup camera in case of emergency
Does not include:

• Airfare - please call us for current rates from where ever you're coming from
  • Meals while in transit
  • Hotels before or after the charter
  • Crew gratuity
  • Personal purchases
  • Park fees

Non-photographers or those who would like to learn are also invited!​

ABOUT MSY DAMAI
MSY Damai is a boutique live-aboard built in Sulawesi, Indonesia. The boat has been designed to offer a very personal touch and truly luxurious accommodations. The vessel is 108' long and 26' wide. There are four cabins, each almost 100 sq. ft. in size. Each cabin has either a single king or two queen sized beds and its own ensuite bath and shower. For the photographer there are individual separated camera stations for each guest with 110v and 220v charging stations. Guests will also enjoy having thier own individual rinse tanks next to their dive station. 32% and 36% NITROX is offered. There are three dedicated dive tenders and a staff of 3:1. The MSY Damai offers that personal service that only a boutique liveaboard dedicated to small groups can provide.

For more info and photos visit http://www.underwatercolours.com/komodo.html

If you are interested in joining this trip, please contact Bonnie

We still have some spots available on this trip and are offering $500 off per person. This is an amazing itinerary that is seldom done and should be an amazing trip. Email me if you might be interested in joining us.

Back
Top Bottom