Photo editing to account for blue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

With that much overall blue there is very little of the original colors left to recapture. If you don't have an external strobe, then you should limit your depth to shallow dives with lots of ambient light.
The photos I used were taken at about 40 feet with an external strobe and lots of ambient light.

I don't think the final after the kedaffie filter is all that bad considering. What a pain in the ass though. Next time I'll learn how to change the white balance on the camera before I go.

I wanted to dive in Cozumel and I was pressed for time. The most important thing to me was the dive, not the pictures as a result of. I am just trying to get the pictures to something family and friends who don't dive can look at and get an idea. I've got the entire mental movie of the dive in my head so I don't need anything else for me.

Should I ever get the chance again I will definitely make sure I do better with the white balance. Silly me didn't even think to use the sand as my white thing. Idiot. Overall I am incredibly impressed with the camera considering. I've still got the pics from the 50 dive to do and the ones from snorkeling look good as is. We'll see how everything turns out when all is said and done.

Back
Top Bottom