Photo Course Notes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewong,

We were just in Ft Lauderdale and met with Ryan at Reefphoto. He's very nice and knowledgeable on camera gear. We bought a second housing with TTL from him and it works perfect (identical to the Cathy Church one we got). It was around $420 or so with the TTL adapter. B&H has just the housing for $189 and the TTL adapter can be had for about $200, but installing it does require glueing it correctly and then testing it (24 hours for the glue to cure).

I take it you bought an SP-350 AFTER your trip on the liveabord :D Kind of sucks you waited when you think about it since it seams you had many issues based on your writeup. We sold the S80 and housing on Ebay once we got back and got all our money back out of it since it was virtually new.

rjsimp:
ewong,

We were just in Ft Lauderdale and met with Ryan at Reefphoto. He's very nice and knowledgeable on camera gear. We bought a second housing with TTL from him and it works perfect (identical to the Cathy Church one we got). It was around $420 or so with the TTL adapter. B&H has just the housing for $189 and the TTL adapter can be had for about $200, but installing it does require glueing it correctly and then testing it (24 hours for the glue to cure).

I take it you bought an SP-350 AFTER your trip on the liveabord :D Kind of sucks you waited when you think about it since it seams you had many issues based on your writeup. We sold the S80 and housing on Ebay once we got back and got all our money back out of it since it was virtually new.

Yes, that really sucked that I waited AFTER the liveaboard. I did not have a laptop with me, I only had a CD-writer (Apacer) that was not xD compatible. So from the logistics point of view I wasn't well prepared.

Indeed, the TTL adapter is better left to the shop to do.

Eddy.

webgypsy:
Ewong, did you ever take that course with Cathy Church yet? I am planning a trip in April 2007 to take some UW photography classes at her shop, so I'd love to hear what you thought about it.

BTW, thanks so much for sharing your notes from classes you've done so far, great info for a newbie!

My notes on my second class with Cathy (Macro Photography) are now up:

http://www.yellowtangsoftware.com/p...itle=macro_photography_class_with_cathy_churc

Enjoy,

Eddy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom