Photo Bombed underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

K

KeithG

There are way too few photo threads here, so I thought I would start another.

This one is about discovery's after your dive. I am sure everyone has looked at their shots afterwards and noticed something they did not intend to shoot. They can be pleasant, funny or really annoying (I need to train my dive buddy about the "move out of the frame!" hand signal).

It could be the tip of a buddies fin that RUINED your "shot of the vacation". Some flailing diver way off in your perfect wide angle that was not there when you composed the shot. It could be an nasty Yellow Snapper that darted into the frame just as you closed the shutter. Or something right there in the middle of your macro shot that you did not notice (Duh). It can be anything.

Basic concept is shots containing things you did not know you where taking.

Fill us in on the basic idea and composition of the shot and then whine about the extra content. Blurry crap is totally fine as long as you have some one to blame it on.

I will start with a very happy snap, where I discovered there was a tiny shrimp riding a Brittle Star in the upper left of this shot. I never noticed it. I did not take a picture of it. But there it was in my camera. Who knew?

I tend to take many macro shots of Brittle Stars in Azure Vase Sponges. (my dive buddy says way too many). I like the background texture the sponge provides and the Brittle Star can cover the complete Depth of Focus providing a blurred foreground and background. So this has become a standard shot where I just point the camera, snap a few and then wander on. Ho Hum.

Maybe I will look closer next time?

shrimp.jpg
Brittle Star | www.kengiffen.com

For these type of shots maybe show us the full frame then a cropped pic of the interloper.
I have a couple of these with leaf fish, need to look them up when I get home. I never knew they were there until I was home. :dork2:

Garibaldi... a true menace to underwater imagers in SoCal. They photobomb me at least once on every dive I make... including eating the subject I'm trying to film.

Reactions: Jax
Got photobombed by a sea horse once. I was taking a pic of a flamingo tongue, never saw the sea horse until I projected the slide on the wall during a post-dive trip party!

This isn't really a photobomb, so much as a lack of paying attention, but I shot this little guy and was too busy getting low, finding composition and getting the lighting right, that the "background" just turned into simple "element". It wasn't until later that I realized that it was actually a Crinoid the crab was walking passed.

photo bombed was the wrong connotation. After reading a few replies I immediately locked onto the annoying tarpons on Bonaire night dives.

I really meant "macro oblivious".

Maybe i should start another thread with a better title?.....

We had an advanced diver who was lucky enough to have a camera with him when a whale shark glided past. He only managed one shot, but it was perfectly framed. Unfortunately another group from another dive centre were also there, and one of them made it into the shot. If only it was just an offensively coloured fin, But apparently she was doing her 100th dive, and was completely naked except for her dive dear. Not so much the glory shot he was hoping for to send home to his friends and family. Worst photobomb ever!

Back
Top Bottom