phone numbers for the Comal River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Makushr1

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any phone numbers for the following?:

1) Any local dive shops around the comal river to refill and rent tanks from?

2) Any numbers for info on camp sites on or around the comal river (unless you know the prices and distances)?

Thanks alot

http://www.landarv.com/

Should be a great place to camp. It also has sites (14) that are right on the Comal river, with hookups. I called regarding a spot last week, and was assured that there would be a riverside site when I arrived. However... our trailer didn't cooperate, and lighting issues ensued... So we opted for a nice, lighted hotel room, instead. The sites are only $15 @ night right now, it's half-price during the off-season.

Please give us a report, if you go. We had a picnic lunch in Landa Park, during our time there, and enjoyed watching the birds and admiring the beautiful water that we were going to dive.

My suggestion is to take at least two full tanks. You are going to get at least 2 dives out of each tank. If this isn't enough air, go for fills- but you might find that you can avoid the hassle, if you throw an extra tank or two in your ride. Have fun!

Thanks a bunch. how much was the hotel, I was thinking about doing that if I dont have enough people going?

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn, off I-35. It was only $45-50 a night, internet rate. We got a king room with fridge & mini-kitchen, and it was an extra large room, although it's an older hotel. There weren't many people there, and it quiet, even when we slept all day once.

Goofy's is not there anymore, Duggan diving is in Universal City about 40 minutes away, The Dive Shop in San Marcos is only about 15-20 minutes away, there is a dive shop in New Braunfels at IH-35 and Hwy 46 behind the A&W on the East side of the freeway called Makai Divers (830) 609-3483 makaidivers@nbtx.com. There are several RV Parks, Rockin' R River outfitters has some campsites on the Guadalupe but I don't know if there open now.

Back
Top Bottom