phone card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaboy

Reaction score
Can any one tell me the Best way to call home (USA) From Bonaire...
Collect, pre-pay card, or just direct call????:jester:

While in Cozumel, we found a coffee shop that had Web and e-mailed home.
The same shop also had phone cards to buy at cheaper rates then buying an international card in the US.

Not sure about Bonaire.

Scubaboy:
I would say it depends on your long distance carrier.
I use MCI . I always call them before a trip and ask them the best way to call back to the states.
For me the cheapest way is to use my business calling card, and call my business number. It's usually 32 cents a minute for me to do this from most places in the Caribbean.
Anyway, I would think collect is the most expensive. I also use email to communicate. There are cyber cafe's everywhere.
Go to www.cybercafes.com
Once again call your long distance carrier first.

For most people, buying a phone card in the country your visiting is the least expensive. If you have a personal calling card you should check the rates with your carrier and also if you can make calls from that destination. Many personal calling cards have restrictions for calls placed from out-side the US.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom