Philly Dive Clubs ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey all, if any of you are in the western Philly burbs you might want to check out the keystone diver's association. This is a club associated with Dudas' Diving Duds in West Chester.

Meetings are the first wednesday of the month 7 pm at Barnaby's in West Chester. It's a fairly sizable group of quarry divers, wreck divers, spearos, cave divers, warm water peeps, you name it.

Meetings feature a speaker, often very well known divers. The club doesn't run many actual dive meets but the club members do and it's a great place to meet other divers and hook up for a boat dive locally.

Happy diving!

The Buxmont Dive Club (Buxmont Dive Club) has meetings second Tuesday of every month in the Lansdale area. We have a couple people who come up from Northeast Philly for the meetings.

Feel free to drop me a PM, I'm one of the club officers so I can answer any questions.

hey guys, i did get to stop by The Dive Shop in south jersey and I'm going on a trip with them next week to Curacao that i'm excited about. I'm glad there are all these options for club out of the city though it seems amazing that there isnt anything in the city.

mike

hey guys, i did get to stop by The Dive Shop in south jersey and I'm going on a trip with them next week to Curacao that i'm excited about. I'm glad there are all these options for club out of the city though it seems amazing that there isnt anything in the city.

mike

there isn't, I work in South Philly and looked around when I first moved here a couple of years ago. I have heard great things about the one you hooked up with and have attended meetings at the other 2 mentioned here. I used to help out with Buxmont and can see why they can be challenging to start up / keep running, even as an informal social group. You usually need people willing to spearhead at a minimum, communication efforts and life seems to get in the way a lot.

I will keep an eye on this thread and check back to see if any interest develops :D

mike

That's awesome!! I was out diing with Arin & Kris on Saturday!! The Curacao trip sounds awesome...have a great time and let them know that Steve & Danielle said hi!!

Back
Top Bottom