Philippines Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

happybuddha:
The main differences in the Sikat bus/ferry f3nikon speaks of and an Atlantis transfer (or any other PG resort transfer for that matter) are:

Sikat uses large tourist-type coach (bus) and if you aren't in Ermita already you have to get there. Van from resort picks you up where ever you want to go. Sikat bus goes to Batangas Public Pier and most resort vans go to Leah Beach.

Sikat bus connects to Sikat ferry which is a very slow boat that takes 2 hours to get to Puerto Galera town. You then have to organize a small banka (or have the resort pick you up for a charge) to ferry you to Sabang/Small/Big Lalaguna or take jeepney to Sabang over a rather rough (muddy depending on time of year) road-but a jeepney ride is a true Philippine experience.

The resort banka will be a large, fast banka that does the crossing in about an hour and goes directly into Sabang, Sm or Big Lalaguna-whereever you need to go. Also, your party will be the only passengers on the resort banka.

Sikat runs once per day (leaves Ermita and PG in mornings about 9ish) while resort transport is available 24 hours a day, whenever you want to leave-I have been picked up at airport at 11:30pm and arrived in PG at 3:00am.

If you are skint or want another true Philippine experience you can take public bus from several places in Manila or hire a taxi (about 1500-1800 pesos) then take the public ferry to Sabang. (100 pesos). I often do the taxi/ferry trip if I am traveling during daytime (last ferry leaves Batangas about 4:30), its faster (if you time ferry right) and more flexible than Sikat.

You can also go by seaplane for about US$350 (at least that was the price a couple years ago) one way per person.

In general, getting to PG is like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Drew
now this is as complete and conscise as anyone would want it!

having been to PG a few times i find the sikat system the best compromise between cost, schedule and convenience... of course nothing beats a shuttle or charter service!

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom